Transferring to ccri

Application Process

Call the Admissions Office at the campus to which you plan to transfer and request an application and catalog.
Admissions and Records Offices:


The Office of Enrollment Services begins processing applications for programs which begin in the spring (January) semester, summer (May) session and fall (September) semester on September 1 prior to the date of intended entry. A cutoff date may be imposed in many of the career programs due to the large number of applications. Most career and technical programs are highly competitive and accept students only for the fall semester; early applications are encouraged. The Office of Enrollment Services should be consulted for specific deadlines and program information.

To apply for admission you must submit the following: an application form and a $20 fee; high school or general equivalency transcript; and an official college transcript if you are requesting transfer credit. Any questions concerning the official transfer credit evaluation or the transfer admissions process should be directed to Jude Tomasino, transfer admissions officer (333-7317).

Transfer Procedures

After being accepted, you will receive an evaluation of your transfer credits. This evaluation will tell you the number of credits accepted and provide a specific CCRI course designation for each course transferred. Shortly following your acceptance, you will be requested to attend an orientation session where academic counselors will be on hand to assist you.

Sessions of the orientation program are held from May through August for fall enrollment and in December for spring enrollment. This program will also give you a chance to meet other new students and to become more familiar with the CCRI’s services and facilities.

Transfer Policies

CCRI may grant up to half the required credits for a degree for previously completed work. However, non-traditional academic work such as CLEP, Armed Services courses, and appropriate life experiences evaluated by portfolio, courses taken in the career/technical areas, and course work that is older than 10 years, are not automatically transferred, nor do they necessarily serve as prerequisites for more advanced courses. These types of courses will be evaluated on an individual basis by the applicable academic department.

Courses in which a grade of D was received at one institution are transferable as elective credit unless earned in a required course, in which case the course must be repeated.

Go to the top of the page

Go Back to the 2006 Transfer Guide


Last updated December 16, 2005