Transferring to uri college of continuing education

(providence center)

Application and Transfer Process

Application to the University of Rhode Island may be made at the College of Continuing Education (CCE). Students who transfer from the Community College of Rhode Island or Rhode Island College will be evaluated using the Transfer Guide for Students. After acceptance, students will receive an official evaluation of transfer credits. One-half (usually 60 credits) of a four-year bachelor of arts, bachelor of general studies, or bachelor of science degree may be taken at a two-year institution. Additional course work may transfer but will not lower the number of credits needed to complete a degree at the University of Rhode Island .

Performance-Based Admission

Performance based admission is applicable for students whose last full-time formal education occurred more than three years ago and who experienced academic problems at that time; students who did not take a college preparatory program in high school; or students who completed secondary education by earning a GED. Regular student involvement with an academic advisor is required under this program as well as a grade point average of C or better in the first 15 credits at URI. Only applications for a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of General Studies, or Bachelor of Science are eligible for this program.

Contacting CCE

Call Admission and Academic Advising at 277-5160 and make an appointment with:

Cleveland Kurtz Bachelor of General Studies (for students with fewer than 20 college credits)
Carol Bonenfant Bachelor of General Studies (for students with more than 20 credits)
Adria Evans Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science
Mary Kalymun Bachelor of Science (College of Human Science and Services including: Communicative Disorders, Education, Textiles, Human Development and Family Studies, and Kinesiology)

General Business Administration and Industrial/ Manufacturing Engineering - Advisor available evenings only in Student Services.

Other Contact Numbers

General Information
Registration 277-5090
Financial Aid 277-5019 Student Services 277-5010
Go to the top of the page

Go Back to the 2007 Transfer Guide




Last updated September 11, 2006